Did you know?
• The state capital of
• The state population
6,626,624 Rank: 15 of 50.
• The five largest cities are
Phoenix, Tucson, Mesa, Chandler, Glendale.
• The state tree is the
Yellow Palo Verde.
• The state nickname is "The Grand Canyon State".
• Arizona is home of the Grand Canyon National Park where there is more than 1 billion years’ worth of rock exposed.
• Industry leaders such as Intel, Microchip, Honeywell, Raytheon, JDA Software, Frito Lay and Insight all manufacture in Arizona.
• Arizona observes Mountain Standard Time on a year round basis.
• The sun shines in Phoenix and Tucson 85 percent of the year, even more than Florida and Hawaii.
• It can take up to 100 years for a Saguaro cactus to grow an arm in areas of low precipitation.