Spray-Net - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
Spray-Net is the franchise opportunity that is changing the way homeowners renovate. Our affordable, factory-quality results are in high demand; capitalize on that by investing in our franchise. Learn more about joining our team now!
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts for 2021
Available In These States:
Not Available In These States:
Spray-Net - Franchise Information
Spray-Net is the home-improvement franchise that’s changing the way homeowners renovate. Thanks to its patented weather-adjustable paint process and proprietary chemistry, Spray-Net delivers a factory finish on aluminum and vinyl siding, stucco, brick and even surfaces that aren’t traditionally painted on-site, like front and garage doors and windows. In as little as a day, each project results in a beautiful, long lasting finish that won’t peel, looks brand-new and doesn't require repainting every 2 to 5 years. At a fraction of the cost of replacement, Spray-Net is the most cost-effective way to modernize a home and boost property value.
Spray-Net has been featured in Forbes, Entrepreneur, Franchise Times, HGTV, Inc 5000 and spans 47 territories across North America. As a result of an impressive 2355% five-year growth rate and innovative concept, Spray-Net was named the 2016 #1 Young Franchisor by the International Franchise Association and a Franchisees' Choice in 2018 and 2019.
Spray-Net partners enjoy a solid competitive advantage by delivering a unique renovation solution that homeowners can’t get anywhere else. Total investment ranges between $99,250 and $142,500 with $70,000 liquid capital and $200,000 net worth required. This includes everything you need, from training to equipment to initial marketing to jump-start your business. With no brick and mortar location required, fixed costs are low! With over 15,000 homes revamped by Spray-Net, this proven concept has resulted in impressive 3-year growth rates for franchisees.
Why Choose Us?
- A Booming industry - Over 80% of homes in America are 20+ years old, which has contributed to a booming $425B home-improvement industry. With more and more homeowners renovating, our exterior painting service is the smart and cost-effective solution that turns their renovation into an investment.
- Unique Concept - Our patented process and proprietary products allow our partners to deliver an innovative exterior renovation solution that homeowners can’t get anywhere else. From our weather-adjustable coatings to our business technology, nothing from Spray-Net is off-the-shelf. This gives our franchise partners a real competitive advantage that creates a barrier to entry for the competition.
- The Spray-Network - Our proprietary, easy-to-use platform makes it easy for franchisees to work smarter, not harder. No need to worry about juggling clients, jobs, and crews, because the network streamlines the entire workflow. Franchisees can focus on providing stellar service and making customers happy while the Spray-Network acts as their intelligent assistant, quote calculator, order hub, and business management tool.
- In-House Call Center - The Customer Experience team manages all your incoming calls and emails. They know our business inside and out, so they’ll handle all questions about our service, our products, how it works and more. The only follow-ups you have to manage are about pricing and after-sales. Thanks to your custom scheduling algorithm, the team will book all your consultations while optimizing drive time. They have all the info they need to optimize your day.
- One Stop Shop - Our distribution center team creates and maintains strategic vendor partnerships for you, so you get everything you need in one place, at a cost-effective price and on time. The Spray-Network sends your paint orders right to the distribution team to manufacture and ship the coatings you need for your jobs, just in time!
- R&D - Our chemists take care of optimizing existing products and developing new ones to continuously offer homeowners unique, cost-effective renovation solutions.
Spray-Net is an innovate and progressive home services company, so we’re looking for like-minded individuals who are excited by new products, services and technology to grow their business and our brand. While we provide our franchisees with all of the support and the tools that they need to run their franchise, our ideal candidate is nonetheless entrepreneurial, proactive and hands-on when it comes to running their business. Most importantly, a Spray-Net franchisee must be a people-person who understands both the strategic short and long-term value of creating happy customers. We are ultimately looking for someone who believes in our service, is sales oriented and displays strong leadership skills to build and lead a team.
Franchisee Daily Activities
- Year one is a learning year where the franchisee is completely immersed in his / her business: always on the go from one at-home consultation to another or checking in on their team on the job. Our proprietary software, The Spray-Network, not only helps franchisees stay on top of their main business KPIs, it also helps them quote jobs properly to maximize both sales ratio and profitability, calculates paint orders and much more!
- Year two is when franchisees take their learning from year one and really leverage it! With an experienced team, happy customers generating referrals and a firmer grasp of the concept, year two franchisees can focus on growing their sales and maximizing their team’s capacity.
- Year three is when franchisees start thinking about truly scaling their business, perhaps across multiple territories, and consider hiring a production manager or sales consultant based on their goals.
Training and Support
We support all of our partners with both initial and on-going training. As a new franchisee, your initial training starts with covering the basics within our e-learning platform, followed by in-class sessions at our support center where you will learn about the brand, business planning, sales, recruitment, retaining and much more. You will even visit our in-house paint lab, where you can make paint with our formulators and try your hand at spraying it! The second and hands-on part of your initial training happens on-site in your exclusive territory, where a member of our Ramp-Up Team will accompany you during your first at-home consultations. Once you have a couple of jobs lined up, one of our paint application specialists travel to your territory to show you everything you need to know – from surface preparation to paint application – to execute your jobs! Whether it’s through bi-weekly support calls, informative webinars, communication forums or good old fashion one-on-one help, our support staff is there to provide you with the on-going support you need to help you run your business.
From Our President, Carmelo Marsala
"When I was in university studying business, I ran my own student painting franchise and the idea to start Spray-Net actually came from one of my customers. As I was painting her siding, she asked me, "Can you paint my windows, too?" Limited to off-the-shelf latex paint and a brush and roller, I knew the finish would look noticeably repainted and would eventually peel and chip, so I had to refuse. I realized I was regularly refusing requests to paint aluminum/vinyl windows and doors; so if I could find a way to paint these seemingly unpaintable exterior surfaces, I’d be on to something. I learned that brand-new windows that weren’t white had been painted, but in a factory. By reverse-engineering the process of factory painting for on-site residential application, we could bring a factory finish directly to homeowners so they could boost curb appeal without having to replace everything. There was a void to fill between conventional painting and replacing, and that's why Spray-Net was created."
How would you say Spray-Net stands out from other Home Services investment opportunities, specifically those in the painting and home improvement sector?
Our patented process and proprietary paint formulations allow us to deliver an innovative exterior renovation solution that homeowners can’t get anywhere else. By doing things differently when it comes to exterior painting, we’ve created a specialized solution for homeowners and niche franchise opportunity for our partners. From our weather-adjustable coatings to our business technology, nothing from Spray-Net is off-the-shelf. This gives our franchise partners a real competitive advantage that creates a barrier to entry for the competition.
What can you tell us about Spray-Net’s customized, high-performance coating product that is changing the exterior painting game?
Customization is how we deliver a flawless factory finish, outside and on-site! We customize each coating for the surface we’re painting, the homeowner’s colour selection and finally, the real-time weather conditions during application. This makes it possible to deliver a long-lasting finish that won’t peel, doesn’t require maintenance every 2 to 5 years and looks like-new, not repainted. When homeowners Spray-Net their homes, they get more than a regular paint job. They get a real and cost-effective alternative to replacement. Our unique concept has advantages for both homeowners and our franchise partners. Our unique ability to adjust paint chemistry based on weather conditions is patented, which means our franchise partners are the only exterior painters in the world who can deliver a real-time, weather-adjusted paint job.
Any advice for potential business owners that are hesitant on making such a big decision because of the financial responsibility of starting a business?
The proven business model and continuous support of a franchise system allow you to hit the ground running MUCH faster than if you were to start a business from scratch. At the end of the day, however, a franchise is still a business. Sufficient capital is required at the outset to jump start your business and fortunately, different solutions are available to help you secure the necessary capital, such as business loans and financing. Since our business model is both SBA approved, and approved by major financial institutions, our business development coaches can help you put together a business plan to secure financing.
It is also really important to make sure you set the proper expectations and an appropriate timeframe for both learning and business transition curve, it doesn’t happen overnight. But if you follow our systems, you’ll quickly see why we’ve successfully completed over 10,000 projects.
On average, how long would you say it takes for a franchisee to get their business up and running after singing the agreement?
Franchisees can operate their new franchise in as little as 30-60 days after signing their franchise agreement. Once the financials have been approved, it doesn’t take much time at all. If you do however want or need more time, we work out a launch date that makes sense for you!
Where do you see Spray-Net in the next 5-10 years?
We see big things happening in the next 5-10 years for Spray-Net. We want to take our 50 units to 500 units in the next 10 years, in the United States and also Australia. It is also important for us to continue innovating and developing new opportunities for our franchisees, so the potential for more Spray-Net divisions is in the works. We’ve started a Kitchen cabinet division and are currently working on expanding to roofing. There are so many possibilities for continuous growth at Spray-Net, both internally and also across the map.
“I’ve held CEO & leadership positions in several companies & while there’s enormous gratification, there’s also the stress associated to overseeing all aspects of a business. Going the franchise route allows me to focus 100% of my time in a role that I enjoy within an industry I love!” Dave Martin, Spray-Net, Calgary
“I compared the cost of investing in my own website, marketing & re-branding with the cost of becoming a Spray-Net franchisee… & becoming a franchisee made much more sense!” Tommy Tremblay, Spray-Net, Quebec
“Self-employment is something that I really became interested in as I progressed through University. I feel that since work accounts for about a third of your life, you better enjoy what you do and who you do it with!” Nathan McQuaid, Spray-Net, Charlottetown
Military & Veteran Promotions