If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to work for yourself, then National Property Inspections may be the business opportunity for you. Whether you have construction experience or sales and marketing experience, or if you’re just looking to do something new and different, NPI offers the opportunity for a bright future. Our turn-key franchise system gives you the tools, training and support to succeed in the property inspection industry, all from a nationally recognized, established company with nearly 30 years of experience. Start on the path to your future with NPI.
NEW for Fall 2016
NPI franchisees will begin deploying drones for rooftop inspections upon FAA certification. National Property Inspections franchise owners will be at the forefront of drone applications on inspections. NPI will assist our inspectors in receiving the necessary education and training toward obtaining their FAA Certificates and to safely use drones on inspections. Imagine being one of the first inspectors in your area to use a drone to enhance your business. What a marketing advantage!
Inspection Industry Profile
- Home inspection is a $1.3 billion industry, expected to exceed $2 billion in the next decade.
- Nearly 80 percent of home buyers order a home inspection.
- Ninety-nine percent of members of the National Association of Realtors recommend home inspections.
- Roughly 5 million home inspections are conducted annually in the United States
- Demand for commercial building inspections is strong and growing
Why Choose NPI?
Started in 1987 by Roland Bates, NPI is built on the principles of honesty, integrity and professionalism, and we live up to those standards every day. NPI is the only property inspection franchise system that empowers its franchise owners to pursue inspection opportunities in both the home and commercial real estate markets. This gives our franchise owners a competitive advantage over other inspection companies, which only provide home inspection services.
Over the last year, NPI has been named to the following top franchise lists:
- FranchiseRankings.com Top 10 Home Based Franchises, 2016
- Franchise Gator Top 100 Franchises, 2016
- Entrepreneur Magazine's Franchise 500, 2016
- Franchise Grade Top 500, 2015-2016
- Franchise Business Review's Top Franchises for Veterans 2015
- Franchise Business Review's Top Franchises 2015
- Entrepreneur Magazine's Low-cost Franchises, 2015
- Franchise Business Review's Top Franchises for Veterans 2014
- Military Times 38 Best for Vets: Franchises 2014
- Franchise Business Review's Top Low-cost Franchises 2014
- Franchise Business Review Four-star Franchisor
The Business of Property Inspection
As an NPI franchise owner, you’ll not only learn the profession of property inspection, but we’ll also teach you the business of property inspection — a business that can be financially rewarding. We give you a proven step-by-step formula, with marketing and business plans, for building your business. Our most successful franchisees tell others time and again: Follow the steps provided and you will succeed.
The NPI Business and Inspection Training Academy
When you become an NPI franchise owner, you’ll attend our two-week NPI Business and Inspection Training Academy where our experts will teach you everything you need to know to conduct professional, quality property inspections. Our training academy covers the following fundamentals:
- Business essentials
- Basic computer training
- Software training
- Accounting and insurance
- Exterior surfaces
- Commercial properties
NPI’s support for its business owners doesn’t end after the training academy. We offer ongoing support with our marketing coach and marketing team, as well as seven-days-a-week telephone technical support for our inspectors in the field. We also provide national advertising and promotions at no cost or additional royalty to our business owners.
Key Benefits of a National Property Inspections Franchise
- You control your growth: operate as a sole proprietor or add employees
- Exclusive, protected franchise territory
- Great earning potential
- Franchisor with experience, in business since 1987 — more than 200 franchises
- A franchisor with high standards and ethics that you can be proud to call your business partner
- Backing of NPI’s exclusive six-month limited warranty on home inspections
- Free website design and hosting
- Free marketing software platform
- Benefit from working with our national accounts, which prefer NPI inspectors
- Technical field support seven days a week to answer your inspection questions
- Great for husband/wife teams
- Annual conference and awards
Proven Earnings Track Record
An NPI franchise can be both professionally and financially rewarding. While no one can predict exactly what your earnings will be as an NPI business owner, you can look to the group of existing NPI business owners to see the revenues they have generated in their business.
For the 12-month period ending Oct. 31, 2015, the top 10 percent of our franchisees averaged US$336,003 in total sales, and the top 50 percent averaged US$183,340. See our complete Financial Performance Representation in Item 19 of our franchise disclosure document (FDD).
NPI offers a 15 percent discount on our franchise fee for veterans with honorable discharge from service in the armed forces (United States and Canada).
NPI’s All-inclusive Start-up Package
Your franchise fee of US$34,900 pays for a complete, all-inclusive franchise start-up package that includes almost everything you need to launch your inspection business:
- Classroom training (120 hours): Hotel, meals, tuition and manuals/textbooks for two weeks of inspector training
- Field training: One to two weeks of field training with an experienced NPI inspector in your marketplace
- State-of-the-art tablet computer, digital camera and portable printer
- Inspection tools and testing equipment
- NPI’s proprietary inspection reporting software, Inform™, complete with ongoing upgrades
- Professional marketing materials at our cost — never a mark-up
- Initial direct mail program subsidy paid by franchisor via our central letter shop
- First-year insurance subsidy of $2,000 paid by franchisor
- Marketing start-up package
* Our franchise is available in the both the United States and in Canada. In Canada, NPI operates as Global Property Inspections (GPI), and franchises are available for CAN$36,900.
“At NPI we only succeed when our franchisees succeed, and that is our mission. I welcome the opportunity to work with you and to help you build your future with NPI.”
— Roland Bates, NPI Founder and President