Metal Supermarkets - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
Metal Supermarkets specializes in small-quantity metal distribution with no minimum order size. Countless businesses across many industries in your area have an immediate need for small-quantity metal, and turn to Metal Supermarkets’ to fulfill that need. Even during uncertain economic times, Metal Supermarkets has continued to grow and thrive.
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts for 2021
Available In These States:
Metal Supermarkets - Franchise Information
Metal Supermarkets specializes in small-quantity metal distribution with no minimum order size. As the world’s largest small-quantity metal supplier, with over 80 brick-and-mortar stores across the US, Canada, and United Kingdom. Countless businesses across many industries right in your area have an immediate need for small-quantity metal, and turn to Metal Supermarkets’ to fulfill that need. Even during uncertain economic times, Metal Supermarkets has continued to grow and thrive. Over 60,000 customers rely on Metal Supermarkets for fast and convenient access to quality metal-related products and services. When it comes to metal and metal-related products and services, nobody beats the versatility, convenience, and sheer variety of Metal Supermarkets.
Why Choose Us?
- Earn a Solid Income – Metal Supermarkets stores average annual sales exceed $1,500,000 and average gross margins exceeded 50%.
- Untapped Market – Conventional metal distributors focus on selling larger quantities of specific metals or shapes. Metal Supermarkets broke the mold by selling smaller quantities.
- Stable $169 Billion Industry – Metal is not a fad or trend. Construction, repair, manufacturing, operation and facility, food processing, all need small quantities of metal.
- High Repeat Business – The stable business-to-business market brings customers who truly value and need the products you provide .
- Be Your Own Boss – You’ll set your own rules and lead a small team of motivated and engaged employees to success.
- One-On-One Support – Your dedicated business consultant will provide you with on-going, one-on-one support and guidance.
- Balanced Lifestyle – Metal Supermarkets helps entrepreneurs and motivated individuals achieve their goals, dreams, and aspirations.
- A Franchisor That Cares – Metal Supermarket’s leadership is dedicated to developing you as a successful franchisee and business.
Metal Supermarket’s franchisees come from diverse backgrounds, a majority without any prior metal experience. The ideal candidate:
- Can efficiently manage, mentor, and develop a small team.
- Understands customer service and enjoys developing long-term customer relationships
- Possesses a charismatic, energetic and proactive attitude and an inclination for sales
- Appreciates the value of firm business foundations and consistent execution over short-term “homeruns” to reach financial goals. Any candidate with these qualities, a keen business sense, and the right amount of motivation can find great success and financial reward as a Metal Supermarkets franchise owner.
What Franchisees Say:
“I bought into the franchise rather than open my own business because I did not have the skills or knowledge to open this particular type of business on my own. I started with no prior metal experience and have been able to grow past $1 million a year with the promise to grow even further. Metal Supermarkets has provided me with the tools to see this happen.”– Teresa Starnes, Fort Wayne, IN
“Having started and ran a business on my own in the past, I found value in being in business for yourself, but not alone. Piggybacking on the 25-plus years of experience that Metal Supermarkets possesses has allowed me to hit the ground running.”– Chris O’Neil, Ottawa, ON
“Metal Supermarkets is a good business, and more importantly a growing business. I just think increased brand awareness is the key.”– Mitch Warner, Charlotte, NC, and Greer, SC
Over 30 years ago Metal Supermarkets understood consumer frustration with the inability to purchase a variety of metals in smaller quantities and used this knowledge as the foundation of the business. Today Metal Supermarkets has pioneered the perfect business model to fulfill this niche. 1985 Founded by William “Bill” H. Mair, the first Metal Supermarkets store was established outside Toronto, Ontario in 1985. 1987 Metal Supermarkets’ unique business model quickly made it a success and it wasn’t long until interested entrepreneurs wanted to take advantage of the system Bill Mair created. In 1987 Metal Supermarkets began franchising in Canada, opening a 2nd location in Scarborough, Ontario. 2010 Under the leadership of current President and CEO Stephen Schober, a management buyout was completed in 2010. 2017 Metal Supermarkets opened new stores in Canada with locations in Halifax, Nova Scotia and Kelowna, British Columbia opening in 2017. These were followed by new store openings in Jacksonville, Florida; Dayton, Ohio and as far north as Anchorage, Alaska, bringing the total number of stores to 88 worldwide, with the promise of more to come in 2018.
Training And Support
Extensive Training: Two weeks of online training to start with in Metal Supermarket’s University to learn the fundamental aspects of the business model and product offerings. Then two weeks of in-class and in-store training led by experienced Head Office team, you will possess the tools, skills and information needed to grow sales from opening day. Store Opening Support: The Metal Supermarkets’ team will be on-hand to help select the ideal location, assisting with lease negotiations as well as store layout and setup, making sure your store opens in a timely and cost-effective manner. Marketing Support: You will also benefit from marketing support through a proven store opening marketing plan that drives results and attracts leads, meaning your store will be positioned to succeed from day one. Ongoing Operational Support: The highly-skilled Metal Supermarkets Operations Team will have all of the training, best practices, and proven business strategies at your disposal. A dedicated Business Consultant will provide insight through store visits and reviews, assisting you in the implementation of our proven business system to help maximize your potential.
Metal Supermarkets is a good business, and more importantly a growing business. I just think increased brand awareness is the key. Mitch Warner, Charlotte, NC
When you combine Metal Supermarkets systems, networks and philosophies with hard work, I would believe that anyone would have a high likelihood of success. Chris O’Neil, Ottawa, ON
I bought into the franchise rather than open my own business because I did not have the skills or knowledge to open this particular type of business on my own. I started with no prior metal experience and have been able to grow past $1 million a year with the promise to grow even further. Metal Supermarkets has provided me with the tools to see this happen. Teresa Starnes, Fort Wayne, IN
Military & Veteran Promotions
Qualified U.S. military veterans may be able to take advantage of our participation in VetFran. We offer qualified veterans a $5,000 reduction off the initial franchise fee.