Famous Dave's BBQ - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
Imagine trading that corporate 9-5 job in for a fun and lucrative career where you’re surrounded by BBQ ALL. DAY. LONG. Owning your own Famous Dave’s franchise means investing in a business where you get to bring great food and atmosphere to the fans in your community. Learn more about the cost and facts now!
Famous Dave's BBQ
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts for 2020
|Minimum Cash Required||$300,000|
|Net Worth Required||$650,000|
|Total Investment||$481,750 – $2,920,750|
|Franchise Fee||$45,000 – $99,000|
|Financing Assistance||3rd Party|
|Training & Support||Yes|
Available In These States:
Not Available In These States:
- United States
Famous Dave's BBQ - Franchise Information
Why invest in a typical restaurant franchise when you can own one that’s FAMOUS? Owning a Famous Dave’s BBQ franchise means being part of a national brand, complete with the level of world-class support you’d expect from America’s most FAMOUS BBQ franchise!
Famous Dave’s is a SMOKIN’ HOT Franchise Opportunity- Here’s Why
- The country’s appetite for world-class, authentic BBQ isn’t going anywhere, and we’ve established ourselves as an American fan favorite!
- New QSR models starting at $481,750 allow you to successfully scale your business to the size of your market.
- Our corporate support team is second-to-none- you’ll have expert assistance every step of the way.
- We’re able to adapt to a changing market focused on to-go and delivery orders, thanks to our years of experience with take-out and catering.
- When’s the last time you looked forward to going to work or enjoyed telling people what you do for a living? For our Franchise Owners, that’s something they can count on every day!
Investing in a Famous Dave’s BBQ means owning a restaurant that’s already beloved by fans all across America. Our signature BBQ meats and scratch-made sides, not to mention our casual, family-friendly atmosphere, have made us a hit all over the country.
Why Choose Us?
Imagine trading that corporate 9-5 job in for a fun and lucrative career where you’re surrounded by BBQ ALL. DAY. LONG. Owning your own Famous Dave’s franchise means investing in a business where you get to bring great food and atmosphere to the fans in your community. Here are some of our Franchise Partners’ favorite things about operating their local Famous Dave’s BBQ:
- Flexible Footprint - People’s dining preferences have changed, but their love of authentic BBQ isn’t going anywhere! In addition to our full-service model, we now offer three scalable QSR models- Flex Service, Line Service, and Counter Service- to give Franchise Partners the potential to thrive in any market, no matter what size.
- Smokin’ Economics - For an investment starting at $481,750 for our counter-service QSR model, Franchise Partners enjoy an average gross revenue of $2.5 MILLION*, with our top-performing locations averaging a jaw-dropping $6.3 MILLION*!
- Unbeatable Quality - There are BBQ franchises, and then there’s Famous Dave’s.
- Outstanding Support - We’ve built a team of experienced and credible leaders who give Franchise Partners the guidance and assistance they need for success.
- We’re Famous (And You Can Be Too!) - With a social media following of over 382,000, people clearly associate our brand with quality BBQ in markets across America. By investing in a Famous Dave’s BBQ, you’re the hometown hero who brought the country’s BEST BBQ franchise to your neighborhood!
Aside from our mouthwatering BBQ and fresh-made sides, our Franchise Partners are the true secret ingredient in the recipe for our success. Because of this, we’re highly selective when it comes to awarding franchise opportunities. Think you’ve got what it takes to become a Famous Dave’s Franchise Partner?
- Are you a born leader with impressive abilities to manage and motivate a team? Does your prior business experience, military training, or background in athletics or coaching lend itself well to making you comfortable in a leadership role?
- Do you possess the “Hospitality Gene” and get genuine pleasure out of helping people? Are you the type of person who bends over backwards to create a welcoming environment for people from all walks of life?
- Would you say you’re business-savvy? Do you possess a lot of business know-how, whether it comes from owning your own business or working in a business management position for a number of years?
- Here’s a tough one- Do you like FUN? We ask because owning a Famous Dave’s BBQ means hosting America’s longest-running BBQ party every day, so it’s pretty important that fun is something you actually enjoy.
Famous Dave's is deeply rooted in a love-affair with BBQ, a passion Founder “Famous Dave” Anderson caught from his dad, a Southern BBQ lover who lived in a street-corner barrel-smoker world.
A Chicago native, Dave spent much of his youth traveling with his father to some of the Windy City's best BBQ joints. Dave’s shared passion for BBQ with his father soon turned into a goal: to serve the best BBQ America has ever tasted! After spending 20 years perfecting his sauce recipes, rubs, and methods, Dave opened his first BBQ restaurant in 1994, on Round Lake in Hayward, WI.
In 1995, Famous Dave's earned a blue ribbon in the 'Best BBQ Sauce in America' contest at the American Royal International Barbeque Contest. Dave also opened his second location that year, a “shack” style location in the Linden Hills neighborhood of Minneapolis.
In 1996, with four restaurants, Famous Dave’s became a publicly traded company (NASDAQ:DAVE), sparking tremendous interest in the franchising space. Famous Dave’s franchised its first BBQ restaurant in 1997. Since then, the company has grown to more than 150 units in 32 States, as well as restaurants in Puerto Rico, Canada, and the United Arab Emirates.
Dave may have set out to create the best BBQ restaurant in America, but he never anticipated it might one day grow to over 150 units and counting. Today, Famous Dave’s BBQ is a beloved restaurant franchise in cities across the country, and is in position to experience significant growth in coming years. With newer QSR, flex, line, and counter-service models in addition to our traditional full-service restaurant model, Famous Dave’s is now poised to satisfy BBQ cravings in any size market!
Training And Support
Famous Dave’s BBQ prides itself on equipping Franchise Partners with the tools they need to succeed in their market every step of the way. From initial training to ongoing field support, our Corporate team creates a strong support network to facilitate growth and ongoing success in all our Franchise Partners’ locations while giving them the confidence and peace of mind they need to achieve their entrepreneurial goals.
- Unsure of the logistics of opening a Famous Dave’s BBQ restaurant? Our Real Estate Support team will do the legwork to determine the best possible site for your Famous Dave’s BBQ location, and our Construction team will handle the ins and outs of the build-out process to ensure a smooth ramp-up to Opening Day.
- Uneasy that you won’t know how to operate your Famous Dave’s once the training wheels come off and your restaurant is open for business? Prior to your Grand Opening, we’ll train your Operating Partner, General Manager, and up to 4 other staff members for a total of 90 shifts minimum- at 8-10 hours per shift, that’s a LOT of hands-on training!
- Worried about the day-to-day aspects of owning a Famous Dave’s franchise? Our ongoing support program features visits from Franchise Operations Managers; ongoing training programs, and robust third-party analytics reporting, including labor and inventory management.
- Not quite sure how to let your community know that a new Famous Dave’s BBQ is coming to town? Beyond helping to execute a successful Grand Opening, your dedicated marketing manager will assist with local promotions and provide effective digital, social, and traditional marketing solutions to attract new business and retain loyal customers.
“THE best this side of Texas! Loved the Triple XXX hot sauce so much I bought 4 to take home. Won't have to open the menu next time...I know what I'll order again!” Mark S., Cuyahoga Falls, OH