The Dog House - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
In business since 1970, the Dog House is a North Carolina-based company that serves a variety of delicious hot dogs, BBQ sandwiches and signature sides at affordable prices with fast and friendly service. The model is fun, trendy and convenient. Learn more about the costs, benefits, and available locations today!
The Dog House
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts for 2021
Available In These States:
Not Available In These States:
- United States
The Dog House - Franchise Information
Why The Dog House
Our brand recognition is distinct throughout the North Carolina regions and has secured a niche in the market place worth expanding. With a gap in the hot dog food service market and consumers spending more cost per meal, now is the perfect time to invest in the Dog House franchise.
Join our team and become a franchisee!
- Simple Operating model. Efficient w/ 2-3 employees.
- Low Start-up Cost
- Large Market Demand
- Established & Proven Business Model
Our fresh ingredients and family’s recipe’s create our fabulous menu with a variety of mouthwatering hotdogs that are named after dog breeds. Our buildings are literally shaped and painted like dog houses and even the trash cans are shaped like fire hydrants. This brings curious new customers to the door while our delicious products and home-made recipes keep them coming back. It is not unusual for customers to stop and take pictures of the buildings.
Simple Operating Model
Stores can operate efficiently with 2-3 employees. There are no recipes to prepare and menu items are easy to heat and serve meaning health department requirements are easy to meet. Indoor customer seating is not offered in current locations which means turnover is not limited by available seats.
Large Market Demand
In 2015 retails sold $2.5 Billion in hot dogs. Restaurant sales of hot dogs are continuing to increase with companies like Burger King entering the market. Proving the stability of the market, the Dog House has been in business for 45 years with effective operations manuals, training guides and ways of working successfully.
Fun Place to Work
The Dog House restaurants offers a fun work environment with everybody in the store trained to do everything. Unlike some fast food restaurants where employees only work the register or only make the food, all Dog House employees get to participate in every aspect of the daily operation.
Training and Support
The Dog House offers training programs & on-going support for all of our franchisees to help grow their business. The support available ranges from marketing, accounting, legal and even operational.
- Marketing - Even though our franchisees are ambitiously reaching out to their local community and networking with organizations, we still coordinate development of advertising materials and strategies for the benefit of all franchise members. At The Dog House we supply franchisees with consumer marketing plans and materials for use at local or regional levels.
- Product Development - On-going creation of new flavors and offerings to help keep your menu fresh and exciting.
- Site Development - Detailed site criteria, onsite review of promising potential locations, guidance during lease negotiations, design assistance, a fresh new decor plan and approved equipment, furniture and signage packages and vendors.
- Purchasing - The Franchisor or its affiliate will negotiate quantity discounts on behalf of all of its members, passing some or all of these savings on to the franchisees.
- Accounting/Audit - Reporting directly to administration, this department is responsible for the financial and legal oversight of franchisees.
Our training programs are thorough and will give you all the tools necessary for running a successful Dog House franchise. Don’t worry about encountering your problems alone, that’s what we’re here for! Our support team is highly trained to offer on-site assistance after launch and throughout the lifetime of your franchise.
Become part of a team that has become highly regarded in the NC area and is now poised to grow!