Straw Hat Pizza - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
Walk into any Straw Hat Pizza and you’ll understand why our customers love us. For over 60 years our customers come to Straw Hat Pizza for the overall experience -to eat, socialize, have fun and enjoy time with their family and friends.
Straw Hat Pizza
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts for 2019
|Minimum Cash Required||$87,000|
|Net Worth Required||$500,000|
|Total Investment||$346,500 – $825,000|
|Financing Assistance||3rd Party|
|Training & Support||Yes|
Available In These States:
Not Available In These States:
Straw Hat Pizza - Franchise Information
We opened our doors in 1959 in the San Francisco Bay Area. We created our Genuine California style pizza recipes using only fresh ingredients from locally grown produce. Our dough is rolled fresh daily and we use fresh packed tomatoes for our sauce, never canned or reconstituted. Our franchisees have multiple revenue streams.
Walk into any Straw Hat Pizza and you’ll understand why our customers love us. Our comfortable dining areas offer a wide-range of seating options (i.e. booths, tables, high tops and bars). Ordering is fast and efficient and delivered to their table. Customers come for the overall experience—to eat, socialize, have fun and enjoy their time with friends or family. Our team is trained and managed to provide the best in customer service and keep our customers coming back.
So Many Ways to Grow Revenues
Owners have a variety of avenues available to grow their sales. Our most successful operators are deploying a variety of marketing strategies and using events to differentiate our brand and drive business in the door. Our corporate team provides ongoing assistance to franchise owners with any events, catering, or marketing they pursue.
- Dine-in, pickup and delivery
- Party room
- Online ordering
- Beer & wine
- Redemption games for the kids
- Vegan and gluten-free options
Why Own a Straw Hat Pizza Restaurant?
The corporate team at Straw Hat Pizza is 100% focused on franchisee success, providing the insight, experiences, strategies, and resources to help franchisees grow revenue and reach their goals. Over the years, we have continually enhanced every aspect of our business model, enabling franchisees to implement systems and processes that improve the customer experience and the bottom line..
Our franchisee benefits include:
- Legacy brand with immense brand power
- A real estate broker will work with you to find the location
- A construction team will design and do the entire build out if required
- We connect you with vendors to locate equipment
- Intensive three week hands on training program
Well-defined operational systems and processes that help you manage your restaurant and serve great products with consistency
- Proven marketing strategies, marketing assets, websites, online ordering, advertising, collateral, and so much more to help you drive new business and customer loyalty
- At opening of your location, we will send support staff to help train your staff, set up your location, and stay with you during your opening week
- After opening, you will see a field person regularly or you can make an appointment for someone to come in and assist you with any challenges you face
- Low Royalty Fee of 4% and 1% Regional Marketing Fee
Customers Taste the Difference
Let’s face it, there are a wide range of pizza concepts that boast about the quality of their ingredients and unique flavors. With a rich history of being Californian’s favorite pizza place for over 60 years, Straw Hat Pizza stands out in the minds of customers whether they grew up eating our pizza or are first time customers.
- Dough rolled fresh daily
- Menu items are prepared using only premium grade meats
- Use locally grown fresh produce source as close as possible to our locations
- We only use boxes and napkins made from 100% recycled materials
- Our pizza sauce uses fresh packed tomatoes — never canned or reconstituted
We are expanding in California and Nevada and adding new markets in our neighboring states of WA, OR, AZ, and UT. We have outstanding Franchise Support and offer among the lowest Royalty and Marketing Fees in the industry! Come grow with us!
"I am proud to say that my wife and I have been Straw Hat Pizza franchisees since 1985. During that time we’ve seen our business thrive and grow to become one of the most successful units in the restaurant chain. The marketing and support that we receive from the corporate office is a great benefit and well worth the monthly royalties." Randy Wise, Santa Maria, CA
"Best thing about being a Straw Hat Pizza franchise is working with the Straw Hat headquarters team. It starts at the top from the beginning and is excellent all the way through. They set you up for success and help you utilize the tools that are given to you and then it is up to you to run it and maintain the standards. I love the concept and the quality of food." Varun Limbachiya, Alameda, CA
"We definitely made the right decision with this franchise. Straw Hat Pizza = A recipe for success. My husband and I are proud to have pursued our second business venture in the past four years. With Straw Hat Pizza being our very first franchise, I must say it’s been smooth sailing. We are extremely pleased with the amount of support we receive from the corporate side of it which enables you to be in business for yourself but not by yourself." Kami and Simon Bachir, Watsonville/Freedom, CA
Military & Veteran Promotions
$5000 off the franchise fee