Shuckin' Shack - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
Shuckin’ Shack Oyster Bar represents the fond memories everyone has about heading to the coast. Family vacations, get-togethers, weekend getaways, or just day trips to the beach are filled with poignant memories of salt air, toes in the sand, and of course delicious seafood, great drinks, and fun times.
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts for 2021
Available In These States:
Not Available In These States:
- United States
Shuckin' Shack - Franchise Information
Don’t wait another moment to start enjoying what you do for a living- it’s time to tell your corporate 9-5 job to go shuck itself and invest in the award winning Shuckin’ Shack Oyster Bar franchise!
What Is Shuckin’ Shack?
Sick of 2020? Join the club! Shuckin’ Shack Oyster Bar is like taking a sweet trip back to the East Coast of the past. We represent the fond memories everyone has about heading to the beach for family vacations, get-togethers, weekend getaways, or just day trips filled with salt air, toes in the sand, and of course, delicious seafood.
Since opening the first Shuckin’ Shack in 2007, our Founders have maintained a laser focus on providing the highest quality, sustainably-sourced seafood and top-shelf mixed drinks in a fun-filled atmosphere. Our customer service and attention to guest experience is second-to-none, and we make it our mission to ensure every guest truly feels like they belong from the moment they walk in the door to the moment they leave. We take a simple, laid-back approach to helping our guests enjoy the best things in life and ensure that everyone who walks through our doors has “A GOOD SHUCKIN’ TIME!”
Our brand is more than just a name, a logo design, or a witty tagline – it is everything that makes Shuckin' Shack Oyster Bar different from any seafood place you've ever experienced. Our award winning unique formula has led to immense success, as we continue to establish ourselves as the premier seafood restaurant and sports pub on the East Coast and beyond!
It’s “A Good Shuckin’ Time” to Own an Award Winning Shuckin’ Shack Franchise. Here’s Why:
- Shuckin’ Good Economics - Own a business that reported $1.3 million in net sales last year, all for an investment starting at $252,700- that’s a sales-to-investment percentage of 266%!
- Domestic, Sustainable Seafood - As a Shuckin’ Shack Franchise Owner you can meet the growing consumer demand for sustainable, responsibly-caught seafood free from hormones and preservatives, just the way nature intended.
- Genuine, Friendly Service - Our good-natured, thoughtful staff is as genuine as our seafood! Owning a Shuckin’ Shack franchise means bringing positivity and fun to your neck of the woods...and making your work day a heck of a lot more enjoyable!
- Authentic Coastal Vibe - Ever wish you could escape to your own private beach? When you own and operate a Shuckin’ Shack, every day is a laid-back day on the coast, no matter where you live!
- Eccentric Local Flair - Hate those cookie-cutter franchises that look the same in every city on Earth? You’ll love Shuckin’ Shack! Since no two of our funky, laid-back beach shacks are alike, each location takes on an individualized style that transcends the typical franchise scene!
Imagine waking up every day and heading to work, knowing that you’re on your way to somewhere you love! Our Franchise Owners get to have “a good shuckin’ time” at work…and make money doing it!
Why Choose Us?
Who doesn’t have fond memories of great beach vacations spent at the beach? Shuckin’ Shack customers keep coming back again and again to experience our laid-back, “no worries” coastal vibe, increasing revenue potential for our Franchise Owners!
- With no other casual-dining franchises focusing on fresh, steamed oysters, we have next to no national competition. Your Shuckin’ Shack franchise won’t just be the most popular, award winning oyster bar in town - it may be the ONLY one!
- With a comparatively low investment starting at $252,700 and current Owners averaging over $1.3 million in net sales, you’re investing in a franchise with a sales-to-investment percentage of 266%- those are some shuckin’ good economics!
- Everyone loves seafood...but hardly anyone wants to cook it at home! As a Shuckin’ Shack Franchise Owner, you can enjoy multiple revenue streams in a niche restaurant market that is propelled by its singular crave-ability.
- With “Best in Seafood” recognition from numerous publications, along with top honors for our raw bar and signature oysters, Shuckin’ Shack’s outstanding food quality and atmosphere makes us an award-winning franchise in nearly every market we serve.
- Enjoy our simple, no-frills approach to operating a seafood restaurant, knowing you’re serving the freshest, most sustainably-sourced seafood in town, thanks to our robust network of high-quality suppliers and vendors across the Southeast and beyond!
We shuck up every market we enter (and the important people take note!)
- Ocean Friendly Establishment Certified
- James Beard Foundation List as Committed for the Fresh Catch Program
- “Best New Restaurant of The Year,” North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce
- “Best In Seafood” Rowan County
- “Best In Seafood” Forsyth County, Forsyth County News
- “Best in Seafood,” Wake County Living Readers Choice
- “Best Bloody Marys ‘Shack Attack,’” Party Wilmington
- “Best Raw Bar,” Wilmington Magazine
- “Best Oysters,” Encore Magazine
- “Top 22 Seafood Dives in America,” Coastal Living Magazine
- “Best Oysters,” Encore Magazine
- “Best Taste Award,” Share the Table
- “Best Seafood Restaurant,” Summerville Journal Scene
- Recognized by South Carolina Department of Natural Resources for the Recycling Oyster Shell Program
- “Biggest Muther Shucker Award,” Sweetwater
Training And Support
It takes more than just a love of people, coastal vibes, and amazing seafood and cold beer to operate a Shuckin’ Shack franchise. Lucky for you, our corporate support team will be right there with you every step of the way leading up to your Grand Opening- and beyond! Here’s what you can expect as a Shuckin’ Shack Franchise Owner:
- Training - “Shuck U!” (Our exclusive training program, that is!) consists of a minimum of 64 hours of classroom and 80 hours on-the-job training at our affiliate location in Wilmington, NC covers all things Shuckin’ Shack, including finances, inventory management, front and back of house operations, and much more!
- Ongoing Support - The community feel of our Franchise Owner support network is one of the most unique aspects of our system. We will continue to support you through weekly communication from corporate team members, local store action plans, video training, and shopper reports to help drive your success.
- Field Support - Our success is all about “location, location, location!” Our dedicated real estate team will assist with site selection, build-out, design, and even your soft and grand opening when you’re ready to swing open the doors of your new Shuckin’ Shack!
- Marketing Support - In addition to grand opening marketing, we provide social media support, PR, advertising and media buy assistance, an annual promotional calendar with quarterly marketing directives and promotions, an in-house graphic designer, and public and media relations.
How could there be no place to get raw oysters in a beach town that is loaded with seafood? That was the question on Matt Piccinin and Sean Cook's minds back in 2007 as they searched the sleepy town of Carolina Beach, North Carolina, in vain for a neighborhood oyster bar.
Through cases of beer and plans scrawled on napkins, the pair began work on what would become the world's first Shuckin' Shack Oyster Bar. Their plans led to a 900-square-foot monument to domestic seafood, cold beer, and laid-back fun for the locals who would flock to it upon opening.
Matt and Sean's simple idea has since evolved into a sustainably-sourced seafood and bar concept that continues to grow every year since its inception. In 2012, Matt and Sean opened a second Shuckin’ Shack just 25 minutes away from their original location, followed by a third location in 2014. After realizing the success of their model and scalability of Shuckin’ Shack, Matt and Sean decided that franchising would allow them to expand well beyond the Carolina Coast. Shuckin’ Shack Franchising opened its first location in Summerville, South Carolina in April of 2015.
Since 2015, Shuckin’ Shack has grown to 15 restaurants with several more in development. We remain dedicated to our mission to show each guest “A Good Shuckin’ Time” through fresh seafood, high-quality spirits, and exceptional customer service.
Are you Shuckin’ Shack material? You may be exactly the franchise investor we’re looking for if:
- You’ve got management skills and know how to communicate your ideas to others. You also know a thing or two about the hospitality industry- this isn’t your first rodeo!
- You care- we mean, REALLY care- about your community and the people in it. You are able to connect with people in your neighborhood and have the drive and desire to make a difference in your corner of the world.
- You’re not afraid to take risks and try new approaches and have an uncanny ability to think on your feet. (Bonus points if you’re one of the brave men and women who’ve served our country in the U.S. military- our heroes!)
Think you may be a good fit as a Franchise Owner? Let’s talk!