Shuckin' Shack - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
Shuckin’ Shack Oyster Bar represents the fond memories everyone has about heading to the coast. Family vacations, get-togethers, weekend getaways, or just day trips to the beach are filled with poignant memories of salt air, toes in the sand, and of course delicious seafood, great drinks, and fun times.
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts for 2021
Available In These States:
Not Available In These States:
Shuckin' Shack - Franchise Information
About Shuckin’ Shack
Shuckin’ Shack Oyster Bar is like taking a fun trip back to the East Coast of the past.
We represent fond memories of good times at the beach: day trips filled with salt air, toes in the sand, and of course, delicious seafood.
Since opening the first Shuckin’ Shack in 2007, our founders have maintained a laser focus on 4 things:
- Making sure anyone who walks through the doors has A GOOD SHUCKIN’ TIME
- Providing the highest quality, sustainably-sourced oysters and seafood
- Helping our owners succeed, have a great time and generate amazing revenue
- Bringing laid-back, super-fun coastal vibes to towns across the country
Our award winning (see below!) and unique formula has led to immense success as we continue to establish ourselves as the premier seafood restaurant on the East Coast and beyond!
Why an Opportunity Like This Will Never Come Around Again
- 2020 was a terrible year by pretty much any account — especially for the restaurant industry. But Shuckin’ Shack didn’t close a SINGLE location permanently in 2020. AND, Owners managed to keep their average net revenue high — $987,901*
- In fact, we’re on pace for a record-breaking 2021! 2021 brings opportunity that has never been (and may never again be) seen for prospective restaurant owners
- 81% of Americans 18 and older said that dining out was one of the activities they miss that used to provide them with the most joy
- 86% put “dining out” as #1 on their list of things they would do first when they were able
People are ready to get the SHUCK out of the house and interact with real people again, and Shuckin’ Shack provides a unique gathering place that people absolutely love.
Why Pick Shuckin’ Shack Over Other Franchise Opportunities?
In addition to being just about the most fun franchise opportunity on the market today, Shuckin’ Shack Owners get to serve the BEST oysters, hands-down, in the USA — along with some of the freshest, most sustainably sourced seafood in the world.
- Ocean Friendly Establishment Certified
- James Beard Foundation List as Committed for the Fresh Catch Program
- “Best New Restaurant of The Year,” North Brunswick Chamber of Commerce
- “Best In Seafood” Rowan County
- “Best In Seafood” Forsyth County, Forsyth County News
- “Best in Seafood,” Wake County Living Readers Choice
- “Best Bloody Marys ‘Shack Attack,’” Party Wilmington
- “Best Raw Bar,” Wilmington Magazine
- “Best Oysters,” Encore Magazine
- “Top 22 Seafood Dives in America,” Coastal Living Magazine
- “Best Oysters,” Encore Magazine
- “Best Taste Award,” Share the Table
- “Best Seafood Restaurant,” Summerville Journal Scene
- Recognized by South Carolina Department of Natural Resources for the Recycling Oyster Shell Program
- “Biggest Muther Shucker Award,” Sweetwater
In addition to standing out in the industry as a whole, Shuckin’ Shack is unique, because there just aren’t enough restaurants to fill the demand of the underserved seafood niche in the $4.1 billion casual dining industry.
- 42% of consumers are swapping other types of meat for seafood in order to eat healthier
- 70% of all seafood purchased in the U.S. is in restaurants
- 56% of Americans eat seafood twice a month, but only 28% feel confident cooking it themselves!
How We Help Our Owners Succeed From Day One
It takes more than just a love of people, coastal vibes, and amazing seafood and cold beer to operate a Shuckin’ Shack franchise.
Lucky for you, our corporate support team will be right there with you every step of the way leading up to your Grand Opening- and beyond!
Training: “Shuck U!” (Our exclusive training program, that is!) 64 hours of classroom and 80 hours on-the-job training covers finances, inventory management, front and back of house operations, and much more!
Ongoing Support: The community feel of our Franchise Owner support network is one of the most unique aspects of our system. We will continue to support you through weekly communication from corporate team members, local store action plans, video training, and shopper reports to help drive your success.
Field Support: Our dedicated real estate team will assist with site selection, build-out, design, and even your soft and grand opening when you’re ready to swing open the doors of your new Shuckin’ Shack!
Marketing Support: In addition to grand opening marketing, we provide social media support, PR, advertising and media buy assistance, an annual promotional calendar with quarterly marketing directives and promotions, an in-house graphic designer, and public and media relations.
Who We’re Looking For
Why be just a part of the crew when you can be the captain?
Here’s the kind of folks who succeed as a Shuckin’ Shack Owner:
- You’ve got management skills and know how to communicate your ideas to others. You also know a thing or two about the hospitality industry- this isn’t your first rodeo!
- You care about your community and the people in it. You are able to connect with people in your neighborhood and have the drive and desire to make a difference in your corner of the world.
- You’re not afraid to take risks and try new approaches and have an uncanny ability to think on your feet. (Bonus points if you’re one of the brave men and women who’ve served our country in the U.S. military- our heroes!)
Get Started Today Before It’s Too Late!
With high availability of prime real estate at the lowest rates we’ve seen in years, you have a unique opportunity in 2021 that may not come around again.
Make sure you can bring a Shuckin’ Shack to your town before someone else does!
With a record-breaking year in store for 2021, the amount of fun you can have as an owner, and the feeling you get bringing the community together in a laid-back, fun, coastal atmosphere, opportunities are going fast. Don’t miss out!
*Refer to 2021 Franchise Disclosure Document