Hand and Stone Massage Spa - Franchise
Quick Franchise Summary
Hand and Stone Massage Spa offers affordable services from massage to facials to waxing to help keep our customers looking and feeling great! 85% of consumers believe massage is beneficial to health and it's estimated that 22% of all US adults had a massage in the past year. Get in on this booming business in the health & wellness sector!
Hand and Stone Massage Spa
Franchise Cost, Fees & Facts for 2019
|Minimum Cash Required||$150,000|
|Net Worth Required||$650,000|
|# of Existing Units||370|
Available In These States:
Not Available In These States:
Hand and Stone Massage Spa - Franchise Information
The Health and Wellness Personal Care Market is Growing even in tough economic times.
That's because consumers will still spend on those affordable services that will keep them feeling and looking healthier. Massage — Facials — Waxing — all booming and all found under one roof at Hand and Stone Massage and Facial Spa.
Massage alone, now a $12 billion industry, has experienced a 13% growth in revenue over the past three years.
Hand & Stone Demographics
It's no wonder massage has seen such explosive growth — 85% of consumers believe massage is beneficial to health and wellness and it's estimated that 22% of all US adults had a massage in the past year. But Hand and Stone is more than just massage, we are a full service day spa that also capitalizes on facials and waxing services. Consumers are concerned about taking care of their skin and will spend money to achieve healthy bodies and healthy skin.
Hand and Stone Brand Affiliation
Hand and Stone is a great opportunity not just because the market is growing, but, also because day spas are a highly fragmented industry, with almost no national brands, and dominated by small "mom and pop" operators. Some 99% of all day spas are single unit or in a chain of five or less and 68% have less than four rooms — meaning smaller, less convenient operations. Hand and Stone is poised to rapidly gain market share with its revolutionary new concept based on affordability and convenience.
*Sources: American Spa Industry Insider, August 2009; Massage Magazine Buyer’s Guide 2009 - AMTA Study; Spa Finder Survey 2009; 2009 U.S. ISPA Industry Update
The Hand & Stone franchise combines our tried and true business system with incredible support. Our team of experienced professionals will assist you in all aspects necessary to start-up and run your new business with confidence!
• Aid in choosing an appropriate site for your spa
• We've created a Spa in a Box – all materials have been carefully designed and detailed for you.
• Guidance through the recruitment, hiring, and training process of all staff
• Support of Grand-Opening coordination and advertising
Extensive Classroom and On-Site Training
• Complete classroom training Program
• Formal instruction including all administrative, operational and sales/marketing essentials
• On-site training at an active Hand & Stone location
• On-site training at your facility upon opening
Ongoing Operational Support
• Ongoing training and support in critical areas of operation
• Use of well organized and easy to use operations manual
• State of the art, user friendly software that allows remote access
• Cooperative discounts for products and equipment
• Scheduled visits from support staff
Marketing Programs and Tools
• In-house advertising agency handles all aspects of creative development and media placement
• Management of web and email based campaigns
• Radio, television and marketing materials
• Ongoing promotional and sales guidance
Press Releases & Awards