Which Came First?
The Egg & I was created in 1987 in Fort Collins, Colorado. From humble roots, it has grown from a single location to a multi-state franchise with national expansion opportunities. The simple combination of outstanding food and great associates has given The Egg & I Restaurants the right recipe for success.
Sprinkle in superior restaurant unit economics and a top-notch executive management team and the result is a turn-key restaurant ready to feed hungry friends and neighbors and deliver a unique business opportunity. Each day The Egg & I earns more accolades and fame for providing guests with a warm and friendly ‘home away from home.’ Proven recipes and delicious home-style cooking are why guests return and ‘Best of...’ awards dot the walls of our restaurants.
To us, each restaurant represents a slice of home. With delicious food, inviting surroundings and friendly associates, The Egg & I Restaurants provide more than a meal. Much more.
“The Egg & I is a concept that combines a great dining experience at a great value, with equally great unit economics. It’s a recipe that has kept our guests coming back for more, while generating an outstanding return on investment for our franchisees.”
– Bill Baumhauer, Chairman & C.E.O.
Does the Egg Have an Edge?
Years of experience have given us a competitive edge in the marketplace. Here are a few reasons why:
- The simplicity of operating only two meal periods: breakfast and lunch.
- Limited hours of operation provide managers and associates a better quality of life.
- Breakfast simply costs less to make.
- Lower food costs mean higher profit margins.
- The Egg & I offers a lower initial investment than a typical casual dining restaurant, resulting in a high sales to investment ratio.
- History is on your side.
The Egg & I Restaurant continues to demonstrate a strong history of success and has been providing excellent food and service for over 20 years. Its extensive senior executive experience with large national and international restaurant companies provides proven leadership. The full-service, limited hours, breakfast and lunch segment in which The Egg & I competes is under served, providing the opportunity for significant growth.
“The Egg & I reminds me of all those great family meals I had around our kitchen table.”
– Diana F.
“There is nothing better than to go to The Egg & I every week for my ‘fix’ of comfort food. I love my Mom, but she never cooked like these guys do.”
– Jason M.
A Recipe for Success.
Technomic FUTURE 50! The Egg & I was just named in the Top Future 50 restaurant franchise’s by Technomic – an industry leading firm that ranks franchise’s of all segments. We are the first Breakfast/Lunch concept to EVER make it in the TOP 50 Franchise’s to take over the world!
Here are some interesting facts about us!
- Established in 1987 in Ft. Collins – We are 23 years old!
- We have never closed a restaurant or had a failure! ZERO!!
- 42+ locations and growing!
- SBA Registry Approved!
- Our CEO and COO are franchise owners themselves!
- High sales to investment ratio! Approximately 2:1
- Underserved Day-part segment means less competition! We are a destination location.
- Restaurants range in size between 3400 to 3800 square feet – no drive-thru – end caps with patio or inline with great visibility
- SINGLE SHIFT! Covers two meal periods with only 2 managers
- Lower operational costs & lower food costs than any other food segment
- No appetizers or desserts means faster table turnovers = better volume
- Free meeting Room space with A/V equipment & Free Wifi during the week
- Better employee retention – extremely low turn-over. Our employees are very happy. Happy employees means happy guests!
- Better Quality of life for you and your employees.
- Hours of operation from 6AM to 2 PM – everyone is done and out the door by 3:30PM! Everyone – including the owner/operator!
- A quality of life not offered by any other concept for both owners and employees! Pick up the kids after school, head out on the boat, or be on the course for a round of golf. You have a life – Enjoy it!
- DISCLOSURE!! We can talk about the numbers!! Average unit volume approaching US$1M! (See FDD for unit volumes / ranges)
“I have the opportunity to be successful and don’t have to give up my life.”
– Chris O.
The Egg & I Restaurants attract the best talent because of their superior operating philosophy, rapid growth, great working conditions and longtime associates who care about the guest and each other.
“I love working here. It feels like family.”
– Kevin K.
Two Servings, One Goal.
The Egg and I is committed to providing a breakfast and lunch experience that exceeds our guests’ expectations by delivering exceptional food in a warm and comfortable environment, served fresh by our caring associates who are dedicated to making friends with our guests every day.
Presentation is Everything.
What does The Egg & I look like when it’s done? The Egg & I Restaurants are warm, charming places that recall the ‘homi-ness’ of a comfortable kitchen where family and friends gather around the table to enjoy delicious meals and each other.
- Approximately 140 seats
- Open Mon-Fri until 2pm, Sat-Sun until 2:30pm
- Required Liquid capital: Minimum US$100K
- Required Net Worth: Minimum US$400K